Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Award and Certificate
The Level 1/2 Vocational Award in Retail Business has been approved for the DfE 2021 and 2022 performance tables and will remain available to centres.
Withdrawal of WJEC Level 1/2 Vocational Certificates
Following a review of our portfolio of vocational qualifications we have taken the decision to withdraw the Level 1/2 Vocational Certificate in Retail Business (601/3215/2):
The final assessment opportunity will be summer 2020.
The Level 1 / 2 Award in Retail Business (QAN - 600/8330/X) and the Level 1 / 2 Certificate in Retail Business (QAN - 601/3215/2) introduce learners to one of the most important employment sectors in the UK, exploring various aspects of retail business and investigating a range of retailers from large chains and department stores through to independent and virtual stores.
Statements of Purpose
- Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Structure of Qualification
- Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Award Specification
- Retail Business Level 1 / 2 Certificate Specification
- Specimen Assessment Materials
- Model Assignments (summative assessment briefs)- available to download from the secure website. Please go to Resources PDF Download > Controlled Assessment Materials.
- NEW! Unit 1, Unit 3, Unit 5 and Unit 6 model assignments have been amended for assessment from 2016. The model assignments are available to download from the secure website and contain additional learner guidance and expanded assessor guidance.
- Frequently asked questions - Wales
- Frequently asked questions - England
- Grade boundary information
The unit 4 external assessment will be available for centres to download from 1st May each year, in the Question Paper section of the secure site.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD material from previous events is now available to download from the secure website. Please go to Resources PDF Download > CPD Materials > Level 1 & 2 Retail Business
Join Our Team: Become an Examiner or Moderator
We are currently recruiting examiners and moderators for GCSE, AS/A level and/or Level 1/Level 2 qualifications for next summer's examination series. If you have at least two years teaching experience and would like to apply, please create an account to complete the online application process.
For more information on becoming an examiner, including vacancies and benefits,please visit our appointees page.
In addition to resources already recommended in the Teachers' Guides
- John Lewis Retail Report 2015 http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/content/JohnLewis/jl_retail_report_2015_151015pdf
Various TV shows
Robert Preston Goes shopping (BBC) 2015
Mary Portas Secret Shopper (C4) 2015 and 2011
Mary Portas Queen of the High Street (C4)2013
Mary, Queen of shops BBC 2007-2010
Pound Shop Wars (BBC) 2015
Greggs: More than Meats the Pie(SKY) 2013-2015
Amazon's Retail Revolution (BBC) 2013
For further information, please contact:
Stephen Oliver - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5038
Clare Williams - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5059