Constructing the Built Environment Level 1 / 2 Award
Level 1/2 Award in Constructing the Built Environment Examiners' Report Summer 2017Download
Principal Examiners' Report
The Summer 2017 Principal Examiners' reports provide feedback on this Summer's examination series. The reports include helpful observations and commentary on the work produced for this series and can assist teachers in preparing their students for the next examination series.
Constructing the Built Environment Level 1 / 2 Award (QAN - 601/0543/4) is designed to support learners in developing an awareness of certain key considerations. It mainly supports learners in schools and colleges who want to learn about the construction industry from the build perspective. It provides learners with a broad introduction to the different trades involved in the sector and the types of career opportunities available.
The award is made up of three units, each having an applied purpose which acts as a focus encouraging learners to consider how the use and application of their knowledge, understanding and skills impacts on individuals, employers society and environment.
Statement of Purpose
Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Wales
" CITB are delighted to have been able to work with WJEC to develop the Level 1 / 2 Construction Qualifications which are based on industry approved content and provide the opportunity to inspire the next generation of young people to consider Construction in its widest context as a career of choice."
- Gareth Williams, Qualifications and Careers Manager, CITB Wales
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Structure of Qualification
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Specification
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Specimen Assessment Materials
- Level 1 / 2 Award Constructing the Built Environment Teachers' Guide
- Please note that Model Assignments (summative assessment briefs) are available to download from the secure website. Please go to: Resources PDF Download / Controlled Assessment Materials
- Exemplar material for Unit 2: Practical Construction Skills and Unit 3: Planning Construction Projects is available to view on the secure website. Please go to: Resources PDF Download / Level 1 / 2 Constructing the Built Environment Exemplar Material
- Grade boundary information
Continuing Professional Development
We are holding a series of CPD courses to support teachers delivering Level 1/2 Constructing the Built Environment and Level 3 Construction Management. Book your place by clicking the course link below:
For further information, please contact:
Allan Perry - Subject Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5311
Kwai Wong - Subject Support Officer
Telephone: 029 2026 5332
Laura Crook - e-Assessment Support Officer
Telephone: (029) 2026 5328